Cheesy mashed potatoes in a crispy potato skin topped off with a dollop of sour cream and garnished with crispy bacon and green onions.
1. Heat your oven to 400F, rub oil all over the potato and bake in the oven in the middle rack for 50min- 1hr. (Until tender)
2. Take the potatoes out of the oven and cook the bacon at 400F for 10-15min or until crisp. (or cook it on the stove top)
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the inside flesh with a spoon leaving the skin intact.
4. To the scooped out potato flesh, add the rest of the ingredients such as 1.5tsp salt, pinch of pepper, 2TB butter, 3TB sour cream, 3TB milk, 1/2cup mozarella cheese and mash everything together with a potato masher or a fork (for chunkier pieces) to combine or until creamy.
5. Fill the potato skins back with the potato mixture and reheat in the oven at 350F for 15min.
6. Remove from the oven, add 1-2Tbsp sour cream on top of each half and garnish with crushed bacon and green onion.