Caviar is a food consisting of salt-cured fish eggs. It is considered a delicacy and is presented as a garnish or a spread on a slice of baguette, a lightly buttered toast or unsalted crackers.
1. Put the caviar in a bowl, pour over very hot water and let it stand for about 5 minutes, then gently separate the eggs from the membrane. (If it is still hard to separate, add hotter water and let it stand a few more minutes)
2. Rinse the eggs very well so that no pieces of membrane is left behind.
3. Add 2tbsp of pickling salt and 1tbsp of sugar to the caviar, gently mix together and let it stand for 8-10min. (Do not exceed 15min!!)
4. Rinse well under cold water, drain and transfer to a paper towel to take away access water/moisture.
5. It may be served right away. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze in a glass jar or airtight container.