Tender chicken gizzards and hearts sauteed with onions on very low heat making the onions turn into a sauce. They go well served with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
1. Wash and clean the gizzards and hearts and cut the gizzards in half. (optional)
2. Chop the onion and saute on low heat until the onion is soft and transparent.
3. Add pressed garlic, then add the gizzards with hearts, add bay leaves and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook on very low heat until the gizzards have released it's juices.
4. In a separate cup, dissolve 2 cubes of chicken bouillon in 1 cup of hot water (preferably boiling water) then add it to the gizzards.
5. Mix everything together very well and cook on very low heat for 60-90 minutes until most of the water has evaporated and gizzards are tender.
6. Taste while cooking, season with more salt and pepper if needed.