1.Using a stand mixer, beat 4 eggs and 1 cup of sugar on med/high speed until the eggs become foamy white and the mass has doubled in size.
2.Then bring down the mixer speed to low add 1 can of dulce de leche, 300g or 1 1 1/4cup of sour cream and mix again to incorporate it into the whites, gradually bring up speed to medium as it all comes together.
3.Activate 1tsp of baking soda with lemon juice and add to the mix as well.
4.With the mixer on low speed add 2 cups of flour and 2tsps of baking powder. Stir just until everything is incorporated. **Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the mixer as you add ingredients to ensure that everything is evenly incorporated.** The batter Should be a thick ribbon-like consistency.
5. Using a 9inch spring pan, spray down the pan with nonstick cooking spray and transfer the batter into the pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
**As the cake bakes, it will form a cracked lava-like top, don't panic, for this recipe it is normal! Use a serrated knife to even it out on the top and use the top to make my Golden Key Cake Pops.**
7. Cut the cake into 4-5 even layers (the thinner the better)
8. Soak each cake layer on both sides with evaporated milk. (If you prefer a dryer cake, soak only 1 side)
9. Follow with an even amount of the Dulche de leche Cream for each layer and decorate to your preference.
**The cake is best refrigerated overnight before serving**