4oz or 1cup Semi Sweet Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
4oz or 1/2cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Start by combining all of the dry ingredients together - 1 1/2cups MINUS 2Tablespoons of flour, 1.5tsp of baking soda, 1tsp of salt, 1/2cup PLUS 2Tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 1/2cups of white sugar. Mix everything with a whisk to combine.
Now combine all the wet ingredients such as 2 eggs, 1 1/4cups of milk, 1/3cup of olive oil, 2tsps vanilla extract, 1Tbsp of vinegar and 5Tbsps of melted butter.
3. Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine the two together using a whisk. Be careful not to over mix, stop mixing as soon as it comes together.
4. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray and transfer the batter.
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 350F until toothpick comes out clean. (Usually about 30-40 min)
While the cake is baking, prepare the Chocolate Ganache:
Heat the heavy whipping cream in a microwave for about 40-45 seconds or in a saucepan until steamy hot. Do not boil! Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and let it stand for a few minutes. Then using a whisk, mix together until well combined.
6. Once your cake is baked, use a long wooden skewer or a knife and poke holes all around the cake.
7. Allow the cake to cool down a bit and pour chocolate ganache over the cake allowing it to seep into the holes. (the more the better). For best results, add gradually adding a little bit at a time allowing the ganache to ooze down and fill those holes.
8. Garnish with fresh Raspberries and enjoy right away.
**If you have leftovers for the next day, put a slice into the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. The ganache will melt again and it will be moist and like fresh again.**